Thursday: Moroccan Beef and Broccoli and Golden Raisins
Ingredients: 2 pounds of boneless beef shoulder roast in 1-inch cubes, 6-8 stalks of broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces, 1 chopped yellow onion, Extra virgin olive oil, Coconut oil, 1-2 cups of beef or chicken broth, 2 cloves of minced garlic, Golden raisins, Ground cinnamon, Ground cumin, Black pepper, Paprika, Salt
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil to large pan over high heat.
- Add beef cubes and brown on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of paprika. Stir ingredients well and let cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of beef or chicken broth.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, melt two tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a wok.
- Add broccoli and stir until broccoli is coated with coconut oil.
- Add a handful of golden raisins, cover, and let cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine and Enjoy!
**Recipe from http://www.Wholelifeeating.com