Monday: Creamy Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
Ingredients for Strawberry Salsa: 1/2 pint fresh strawberries (sliced), 2 tbsp chopped red onion, 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tbsp lime juice, salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken: 2 chicken breasts, salt, pepper, butter and olive oil, 1 can coconut milk, red pepper flakes, lime juice
- Combine all ingredients for strawberry salsa. Let sit for at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Melt a bit of butter in a large skillet with some olive oil over high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them seasoned-side down in the pan once the butter had started to brown.
- Sprinkle the top side of the chicken with salt and pepper as well.
- Once the bottom side had browned nicely–about 4-5 minutes–flip the breasts over and then pour in one can of coconut milk. .
- Sprinkle it with a tablespoon of red pepper flakes, a couple dashes of lime juice and just let everything cook until the chicken is done and the milk has reduced down to just a small bit of delicious sauce, around 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the leftover sauce.
- Enjoy with salsa! (Add some Feta Cheese to top it off!!)
**Recipe from http://www.chowstalker.com