Friday: Arroz con Pollo
Ingredients: 1 cauliflower (grated), 2 cooked chicken breasts (shredded or cut into chunks), 1 c peas, 3/4 c chopped bacon, 2 T butter, 1 chopped onion, 2-3 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/3 c broth , 2 chopped green onions, 1 can diced tomatoes, 3 c cheddar cheese (grated), 8-10 green olives (sliced)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Fry bacon until crispy then crumble or chop.
3. Heat about 2 T of butter (or bacon fat) in a large skillet.
4. Add the chopped onion, and sauté until translucent.
5. Add turmeric and salt and stir thoroughly.
6. Add the grated cauliflower and broth and let cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower has softened.
7. Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the peas, ham, green onion, diced tomato, and chicken.
8. Pour this mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
9. Cover with the grated cheese and olives and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is adequately melted.