Tuesday: Shrimp and Mango Stir Fry
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp, 2 tablespoons dry white wine or lemon juice, 1 large mango (peeled, seeded and cubed), 1/2 large yellow onion (peeled and thinly sliced), 2 cloves minced garlic, 3 large julienned carrots,
2 cups broccoli florets, 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger, 1 large jalapeno chili (minced), 1 large heirloom tomato (diced), 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, Salt and freshly ground black pepper, Red pepper flakes to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium high; add the carrots, onion and broccoli to the pan and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the garlic, ginger, jalapeno and red pepper flakes, and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the shrimp and wine or lemon juice to the pan and stir fry until it is pink and cooked all the way through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mango and continue to stir fry for another 30 seconds, then toss in the tomato and cilantro. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper.
**Recipe from http://www.Chowstalker.com