Thursday: Prosciutto and Sage Roasted Chicken with Parmesan Green Beans
Ingredients for Chicken: 3 chicken breasts, 6 wide and thin slices of prosciutto, several stems worth of fresh sage leaves, olive oil for brushing, salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for green beans: 24oz frozen French green beans, 2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 4 shallots thinly sliced, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2/3 c dry white wine, 2/3 c heavy cream, ½ c water, 2 tsp finely chopped sage, ½ c grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Place one thin slice of prosciutto on a work surface.
- Scatter torn pieces of the sage on top of the prosciutto.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the prosciutto so that the prosciutto overlaps and completely surrounds the chicken.
- Brush the entire prosciutto wrapped chicken breast with olive oil and place in a roasting pan or dish.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, prosciutto and sage.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Begin cooking green beans. Heat the butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for a couple minutes until shallots are golden.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by half.
- Add cream, water, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and sage. Bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and simmer, covered until beans are tender.
- Remove liquid and continue to simmer until liquid is thickened.
- Add Parmesan and stir into green beans.
- Remove chicken from oven and serve. Spoon some of the pan juices over the chicken when serving if you desire.