Monday: Maple Salmon
Ingredients: 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 Tbsp tamari, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, 1 lb salmon
- In a small bowl, mix together the syrup, tamari, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a ziploc bag and pour marinade in with it.
- Let marinate about 30 mins – 1 hour, tops. (Salmon has a richer flesh and can hold up to marinating a little longer, but generally speaking, seafood shouldn’t marinate longer than 30 minutes or else it will turn mushy. Or, in the case of an acidic marinade, begin to ‘cook’. Think ceviche.)
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place salmon on lightly oiled grill grate and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon in shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Mediterranian Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
Serving Size depends on how much you decide to make.
The dressing usually makes enough for 3-4 servings.
Artichoke hearts, halved or quartered Red onion, sliced
Portabella mushrooms, sliced
Roasted red peppers Pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
One package of uncured, all-natural bacon (the package I used had 10 slices of bacon)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teas crushed red pepper
1/2 teas. dried thyme
1/2 teas. dried oregano
1-2 T Sherry wine vinegar
1/4 teas salt or to taste
*This recipe came from Primal Kitchen Chaos