This is always good! It’s a nice quick meal that makes for some good leftovers also!
Check out http://www.Elanaspantry.com for some great Gluten-Free recipes.
Thursday: Chicken Piccata
Ingredients: 1 ½ lb chicken breasts, ½ c blanched almond (or coconut) flour, ½ t celtic sea salt, 5T grapeseed oil, 5T olive oil, ¼ c brined capers, ¼ c chopped parsley.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- Pound pieces of chicken until they’re about ¼ inch thick.
- Mix together: flour and salt
- Rinse chicken with water and dust them with the flour mixture
- Heat olive oil and 2 T of grapeseed oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add half the chicken pieces and brown well on each side (about 3 minutes per side).
- Transfer from skillet to plate. Add the other chicken breasts and cook, then remove from the skillet.
- Place the plate of chicken breasts in a warm oven while preparing the sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers to the skillet and use a metal spatula to loosen the browned bits and incorporate them into the sauce.
- Whisk in the remaining 3 T of grapeseed oil
- Pour sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Andy & Jessika